runZero integrates with Miradore mobile device management (MDM) to deliver greater visibility into your mobile assets. This integration imports data from the Miradore API to enrich your asset inventory. Syncing with Miradore allows you to view information about your device’s hardware, OS version, associated user, and more.
This integration imports all enrolled devices. It sets the Miradore-specific attributes and updates asset-level attributes including the hardware platform, operating system, hostname, and MAC address. runZero is able to merge existing assets with Miradore data when the hostname or MAC address is the same. Miradore devices can also be manually merged into runZero assets using the Merge button on the Asset Inventory screen.
To set up the Miradore integration, you’ll need to:
- Login to your Miradore web portal and create a new API key.
- Add the Miradore credential to runZero, which includes the endpoint hostname and API key.
- Activate the Miradore connection to sync your data with runZero.
Before you can set up the Miradore integration:
- Verify that you have runZero Enterprise.
- Make sure you have access to the Miradore MDM portal as an administrator.
Step 1: Create a Miradore API key.
- Log into the your customer-specific Miradore endpoint as an administrator (ex: yourcompany.online.miradore.com).
- Click on the System > Infrastructure diagram link from the left-side navigation.
- Scroll down to the find the API node in the diagram. Click this and choose Create API key.
- Give this new key a name and copy the secret value.
Step 2: Add the Miradore API key to runZero.
- Go to the Credentials page in runZero and click Add Credential.
- Provide a name for the credential, like
- Choose Miradore MDM API Key from the list of credential types.
- Provide the following information:
- Name - Give this credential a unique name (ex: Miradore)
- Miradore endpoint hostname - This the hostname (without https:// or the path) for your Miradore portal.
- Miradore API key - This is the API key created in step 1.
- Save the credential. You’re now ready to set up and activate the connection to bring in data from Miradore.
Step 3: Set up and activate the Miradore MDM connection to sync data
After you add your Miradore credential, you’ll need to set up a connection to sync your data. A connection requires you to set a schedule and choose a default site. The schedule determines when the sync occurs, and the site determines where the data is organized.
- Activate a connection to Miradore. You can access all available third-party connections from your inventory or tasks page.
- Choose the credential you added earlier. If you don’t see the credential listed, make sure the credential has access to the organization you are currently in.
- Enter a name for the task, like
- Schedule the sync. A sync can be set to run on a recurring schedule or run once. The schedule will start on the date and time you have set.
- Under Task configuration, choose the site you want to add your assets to. All newly discovered assets will be stored in this site.
- Activate the connection when you are done. The sync will run on the defined schedule. You can always check the Scheduled tasks to see when the next sync will occur.
Step 4: View Miradore assets
After a successful sync, you can go to your inventory to view your Miradore assets. These assets will have a Miradore icon listed in the Source column.
To view all your Azure assets, run the following query:
- View all Miradore assets:
Click into each asset to see its individual attributes. runZero will show you the attributes returned by the Miradore API.