runZero integrates with Miradore mobile device management (MDM) to deliver greater visibility into your mobile assets. This integration imports data from the Miradore API to enrich your asset inventory. Syncing with Miradore allows you to view information about device hardware, OS version, associated user, and more. This integration imports all enrolled devices.
To set up the Miradore integration, you’ll need to:
- Login to your Miradore web portal and create a new API key.
- Add the Miradore credential to runZero, which includes the endpoint hostname and API key.
- Choose whether to configure the integration as a scan probe or connector task.
- Activate the Miradore integration to sync your data with runZero.
Before you can set up the Miradore integration:
- Verify that you have runZero Enterprise.
- Make sure you have access to the Miradore MDM portal as an administrator.
Step 1: Create a Miradore API key
- Log into your Miradore portal as an administrator.
- Click on the System > Infrastructure diagram link from the left-side navigation.
- Scroll down to the find the API node in the diagram. Click this and choose Create API key.
- Give this new key a name and copy the secret value.
Step 2: Add the Miradore credential to runZero
- Go to the Credentials page in runZero and click Add Credential.
- Provide a name for the credential, like
- Choose Miradore MDM API Key from the list of credential types.
- Provide the following information:
- Name - Give this credential a unique name (ex: Miradore)
- Miradore endpoint hostname - The URL for your Miradore portal.
- Miradore API key - The API key created in step 1.
- Save the credential.
You’re now ready to set up and activate the connection to bring in data from Miradore.
Step 3: Choose how to configure the Miradore integration
The Miradore integration can be configured as either a scan probe or a connector task. Scan probes gather data from integrations during scan tasks. Connector tasks run independently from either the cloud or one of your Explorers, only performing the integration sync.
Step 4: Set up and activate the Miradore MDM integration to sync data
After you add your Miradore credential, you’ll need to set up a connector task or scan probe to sync your data.
Step 4a: Configure the Miradore integration as a connector task
A connection requires you to specify a schedule and choose a site. The schedule determines when the sync occurs, and the site determines where any new Miradore-only assets are created.
- Activate a connection to Miradore. You can access all available third-party connections from your inventory or Tasks page.
- Choose the credential you added earlier. If you don’t see the credential listed, make sure the credential has access to the organization you are currently in.
- Enter a name for the task, like
- Schedule the sync. A sync can be set to run on a recurring schedule or run once. The schedule will start on the date and time you have set.
- Under Task configuration, choose the site you want to add your assets to. All newly discovered assets will be stored in this site.
- If you want to exclude assets that have not been scanned by runZero from your integration import, switch the Exclude unknown assets toggle to
Yes. By default, the integration will include assets that have not been scanned by runZero.
- Activate the connection when you are done. The sync will run on the defined schedule. You can always check the Scheduled tasks to see when the next sync will occur.
Step 4b: Configure the Miradore integration as a scan probe
- Create a new scan task or select a future or recurring scan task from your Tasks page.
- Add or update the scan parameters based on any additional requirements.
- On the Probes and SNMP tab, choose which additional probes to include, set the Miradore toggle to
Yes, and change any of the default options if needed.
- On the Credentials tab, set the Miradore toggle for the credential you wish to use to
- Click Initialize scan to save the scan task and have it run immediately or at the scheduled time.
Step 5: View Miradore assets
After a successful sync, you can go to your inventory to view your Miradore assets. These assets will have a Miradore icon listed in the Source column.
To view all your Azure assets, run the following query:
Click into each asset to see its individual attributes. runZero will show you the attributes returned by the Miradore API.