Enriching runZero results with data from other tools
The runZero platform offers integrations with several sources of asset data, allowing users to enrich their asset inventory and identify assets and subnets that are not effectively managed or protected. By leveraging product APIs and export/import functionality, runZero can pull data from many IT and security tools to extend visibility across your organization’s network.
The following integrations are available to bring data into your runZero platform:
- Amazon Web Services
- Azure Active Directory
- Censys Search & Data
- CrowdStrike Falcon
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune
- Miradore MDM
- Qualys VMDR
- Rapid7 InsightVM and Nexpose
- Tenable.io and Tenable Nessus
Source names and IDs
The table below maps the source name to the source ID for querying assets and vulnerabilities.
||Amazon Web Services|
||Google Cloud Platform|
||Tenable.io & Nessus|
||Rapid7 Nexpose & InsightVM|
||Active Directory (LDAP)|
||Microsoft 365 Defender|
Scan probes or connector tasks
Most integrations can be run either as a scan probe or a connector task.
Scan probes run as part of a scan task. The scan task can be used to scan your environment and sync integrations at the same time, or can be configured to only include the probe activity. To run an integration as a scan probe:
- Configure a scan task from the
Scanmenu in your inventory or tasks page,
- Activate the integration under the
- Activate the correct credential under the
- Configure, activate, or deactivate other scan task configuration options as preferred.
Connector tasks run independent of scan tasks in order to allow more finely tuned scheduling of integration syncs and asset scans. Connector tasks are run from the runZero cloud by default, but can be configured to run from an Explorer in your organization if preferred. To run an integration as a connector task:
- Configure a connector task from the
Connectmenu in your inventory or tasks page,
- Select an Explorer from the
- Configure, activate, or deactivate other connector task configuration options as preferred.